Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Home Decor

At my house, we are in the process of redesigning our dining room. The project came on quite suddenly after we inherited some furniture from my grandparents. Next thing I know, my aunt who designs landscapes and does some interior decorating, is sending us inspiration boards and there are post-its covering every inch of space. We're centering the room around one particular piece, an amazing orange lamp that screams 1980's. We're changing the shade, painting one wall a deep blue to create a sort of "gallery wall", adding a splash of animal print and painting our foyer orange inspired by the movie "The Parent Trap".  It's a lot, I know, but I know it's going to look phenomenal and I'm excited to take on this new project with my mom! 

I found some amazing inspiration photos on Pinterest and I wanted to share them with you. 

glossy deep blue walls + trim 
Deep blue walls, orange accents and animal print! 

This is the foyer in the London house of the movie The Parent Trap (Nancy Meyer's version). I have been dreaming of a version of this foyer for YEARS!
The foyer from the movie "The Parent Trap"

Glass, mirror and rattan mix beautifully in this boho-chic sitting area. A white sofa and faux-bois lamp look fresh against a deep-blue wall. A Moorish tile rug and painted rattan chairs create a global, eclectic atmosphere. Designer: Montana Burnett.
Deep blue paint with two round mirrors on the gallery wall.

deep blue walls
Doesn't this paint look like a sky? And I LOVE this orange couch. 

gorgeous dining room combination of orange / coral with a pale celery green and gold accents peeking in - love it!!!
Pretty orange wall and dark furniture.

Paint Pick: Hague Blue A staff favourite for the past two years. Associate web editor Gwen McAuley loves rich teals. Farrow & Ball's Hague Blue is her personal favourite and will soon be covering an accent wall in her bedroom.
Deep blue molding and a splash of orange paint

What do you think? Do you know of any other great inspirations for home decorating? 
I'd love to hear your tips!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather
 

No comments: