Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Half Marathon Training

So for the last few weeks I've been toying with the idea of doing a half marathon. I've done a few 5K runs but that's just not enough for me. So yesterday I finally registered for my very first half marathon in April. After I registered it hit me, I have twelve weeks to get it together! Not that I have just been sitting on my butt for the past few weeks but training needs to become more serious now. 


I spent the last few days looking running schedules and tips and I'm going to share some with you guys now!

I've heard a ton of great things about this program called Couch-to-5K for beginners who don't know how to get started in the running game. They also have other plans for bigger races like 10Ks and Marathons.

Another great plan, lasting only 10 weeks, was from Women's Health Magazine. they do a great job of integrating cross-training and interval-training!


One of my favorite websites to refer people to is fitsugar. They have everything a person needs to maintain a healthy lifestyle and I love it!


With all my careful research I've made my own tentative schedule for the next 12 weeks. Hopefully everything goes according to plan. Wish me luck! Is anybody else training for a race or fun run?

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: