Monday, November 19, 2012

Style Icon: The Women of "Mad Men"

This past week, I started watching the beloved show Mad Men and I finally understand what all the hype is about. Not only is the show intriguing, it opens your eyes to a time period that we are obsessed with, the beginning of the 1960s. Everyone's smoking, drinking at noon and dressed to the nine's at all times. Truthfully, part of me wishes that everyone still dressed this way. It would definitely bring an certain air of drama to everyday life! 

Below are some of my favorite looks the leading ladies of Mad Men have worn.
 Starring; January Jones as Betty Draper, Christina Hendricks as Joan Harris, Elisabeth Moss as Peggy Olson and Alison Brie as Trudy Campbell.

"Betty and Don Draper"
The epitome of class, Betty Draper always looks gorgeous.



"Joan Harris"
I love that Joan flaunts her curves and has every man in that office wrapped around her little finger.

Peggy Olsen, my new hero.
"Peggy Olsen"
She is unspoken hero of this show and does it all in modest, collared shirts, flippy skirts and let's not forget those high ponytails and bangs.


"Trudy Campbell"
I want this dress! You can always count on Trudy to be matching her lipstick to her handbag.

Do you watch Mad Men? Who's style do you love the most?

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather


No comments: