Tuesday, November 13, 2012

DIY: Chalkboard Tray



 Another chalkboard craft! The possibilities are endless!
Today, I'm going to share how to make your very own chalkboard tray. I saw this idea on Pinterest and I thought it was genius! I want to use mine for arranging various types of cheese and using the chalk to label them. Perfect for parties!

Supplies
Wooden, Plastic, Metal Serving Tray
(I found mine at Hobby Lobby for $3)
Chalkboard Spray Paint
Paintbrush
Painter's Tape
Your Choice of Paint Color
Paper Towel/Newspaper

Step One
Line the tray with the painter's tape to prevent the sides from being sprayed with chalkboard paint.


Step Two
Go outside or in a well-ventilated area and spray the base of your tray with 2-3 coats of chalkboard paint. Don't worry if you got a little chalkboard paint on your tray, I covered it up with the paint.


Step Three
Paint the remainder of your tray with the color of your choice, let it dry and then you're done!


Have fun crafting!
-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

p.s.
&

No comments: