Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dealing with Sickness

So this past week I have been deathly ill. Okay well I wasn't actually dying but it sure as hell felt like it! I feet like now would be the perfect time to let you guys know some of my best go-to's when I'm under the weather.

1. Hydrate. Seriously, taking in all the liquids you can is the best thing you can do for yourself. Tons of water, hot tea (with a little lemon to help settle an upset stomach) and orange juice (high in Vitamin C) are what always help me feeling better.

2. Eat Simple. I mean honestly when I get sick the first thing I want (when I have an appetite that is) is some sort of brothy soup with crackers. Bananas and Applesauce are great for people that can't take pills but need them to help them get better. Just be sneaky about it!

3. Couch Potato Time. This is one of the few times that no one can judge you for being a pathetic lump on the couch for hours while watching mindless T.V. If you're lucky a marathon of Real Housewives will be on and you can be sucked into their crazy lives the whole day!

4. Sleep. Above all else get your rest! You know the phrase "I'll sleep when I'm dead"? Well they were wrong, more than likely the reason you're in this mess is because you haven't been sleeping! No judgement, I am guilty of this all the time but sometimes you have to listen to your body and give into the mini coma you're about to have. Your body will thank you.

If this doesn't help you then I don't know what will. This is a tried and true method for myself and look how well I've turned out... Okay maybe I'm not the best example but hey I'm not sick anymore!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: