Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DIY: Earring Holder

In fashion boutiques and all over Pinterest, I've been seeing these mesh-wire earring/jewerly holders, so I decided to create my own! I'm pretty proud with how it turned out! 
Here's how to make your own.

Supplies:
Any size Picture Frame (plain or decorated)
*I got mine at Hobby Lobby*
1/4 inch Mesh-Wire
*to be purchased at any hardware store*
Wire Cutters
ModPodge
Plain Scrapbook Paper
Paintbrush

Step One:

Remove the glass and backboard of the picture frame.

Step Two:

Cut the mesh-wire to the size of your frame using the wire cutters (scissors will also work if you are using the 1/4 inch mesh-wire, which I highly recommend since earrings are small!)

Step Three:
Grab the backboard of the frame and your selected color of scrapbook paper to attach it to the backboard using a thin layer of ModPodge.

I chose brown scrapbook paper since my frame was extremely patterned. However, I think it would be cute to pick a patterned scrapbook paper if you had a plain frame to create some contrast!


Step Four:
Use your dry backboard and attach it back to the frame. The backboard will keep the mesh-wire in place.

And you're done!


What do you think? I would love to create a large scale one for my closet someday!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

2 comments:

hannah said...

This looks great!!! A large scale one would be totally awesome too since I have a lot of earrings. It might make a neat office organizer somehow ? Thanks for the post :)

Miss Mel said...

Definitely! I could see adding some hooks and posting notes and such.
Glad you like it!