Monday, July 23, 2012

DIY: Beaded Fringe Top

This summer inspired me to make a beaded fringe top. 
Ya know, one of those tank tops shredded up at the bottom with beads on it that you can buy at Forever 21 for $15?
Yeah, one of those BUT I made it!

Supplies
A loose tank top 
*I used one I already had*
Beads
*I used wooden ones*
Large needle
Scissors

Step One 
I took my tank top and my scissors and cut thin strips about 2 inches deep all around my tank top.




Step Two
I selected two wooden beads to string onto each strip. I used my large needle to thread each bead through. Then, I tied a double knot at the end of the strip to prevent the beads from falling off.





Step Three
Repeat step two all throughout the tank top!


Now you are summer concert ready! 
Where's a Bonnaroo ticket when you need one?
-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: