Monday, June 4, 2012

Movies I'm Dying to See: Part 4

It's been a few months since I've done a "movies I'm dying to see" post so I thought I would share for all of you other movie buffs out there a couple new trailers I found that look very promising!

"Gangster Squad"
First off, I can't say enough how excited I am to see this movie. It's set in New York City in the 1940s, revolves around the gritty, yet glamorous, lives of gangsters. Oh, did I mention that these gangsters are Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling? That's right, you're hooked. No going back now. The cherry on top of the already delicious cake is Emma Stone will also be starring in the movie and creates a little love triangle between Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling. I loved Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone together in "Crazy, Stupid Love" so I can't wait to see them in this movie!
"Gangster Squad" will be in theaters on September 7, 2012.

"Les Misérables
 Yes, I know there have been many, MANY adaptations of "Les Mis" (remember the one with Uma Thurman and Liam Neeson? anyone? anyone?) but this one looks amazing. The trailer gave me chills! This version is jammed packed with a star-studded cast including; Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Amanda Seyfried, Hugh Jackman, Russel Crowe and Sacha Baron Cohen.
For those who have idea what "Les Misérables" is well, there is no hope for you! Just kidding! Well, kinda. "Les Misérables" started out as a French novel written by Victor Hugo revolving around the French Rebellion in 1832.  The characters all have personal struggles they experience and the novel mainly revolves around a character named, Jean Valijean, an ex-convict. Next, "Les Misérables"became an award-winning musical ("I Dreamed a Dream" and "On My Own" are two of the most popular songs) and thus, many film and other stage adaptions have been created. 
Bottom Line: You should read the novel, see the musical and watch all the films. Trust me, you won't regret it. 
"Les Misérables" will be in theaters on December 14, 2012.

"The Great Gatsby"
Lastly, I did a review on "The Great Gatsby" in this post but the trailer hadn't been released at the time. Now it has! Baz Luhrmann has done it again! I seriously CAN.NOT.WAIT. to see this movie! eee!
"The Great Gatsby" will be in theaters on December 25, 2012. 

Any movies coming out that you guys want to see? Let us know!
-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: