Monday, June 25, 2012

DIY: Mason Jar Candle Holders

Hey friends this weekend I reused some old pasta jars and made them into candle holders. I made little messages by painting over letter stickers on the jars. Here's what I did!


Supplies I used:
Mason Jars or old pasta jars
Paint and paintbrush
Modge Podge (Gloss finish)
Letter Stickers
Painter's Tape
Newspaper
Yarn
Candles

1. First I spelled out the messages I wanted on the bottles (I spelled out "Take my hand" and "Home is with you"). Then I used the painter's tape to make fun designs on the bottles.

2. Next step was to lay out the newspaper and paint the bottles!
3. Once the paint had dried, I painted a thin layer of modge podge to give the glasses a glossy look to them instead of matte. 

4. After everything had dried I peeled off the painter's tape and letter stickers. I filled the jars up with some colored water and put some tea light candles in the jars. Last touch was to tie some yarn on and they were finished!

I love these little candle holders! They would be great in a centerpiece on the coffee table or on a kitchen island. Have fun crafting!

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: