Thursday, April 5, 2012

DIY: Cupcake Toppers

Hey everyone! So with Easter right around the corner I thought I'd make some cupcakes. Now if they make it the week I'll really be surprised but its the thought that counts, right? Right. I went to the store and got cake mix and icing and while there saw some really cute Easter inspired cake toppers for sale. Well that got me thinking I could make some that would be even cuter. So I did and they were super easy and simple and I encourage everyone to make your own to top you cupcakes!

Here's what I used to make my bunny cupcake toppers:

Toothpicks
Construction Paper
Tape and Glue
Exacto Knife or Scissors
Pencil or Pen

1. I drew the outline and cut out the shape of a bunny since that's what I chose to make. Other ideas could be little decorated eggs , carrots or baby chicks. Next I cut out little white circles for my bunny's white cotton tail.
2. After everything was cut out I glued the tails on.
3. I taped the other side of the bunny to a toothpick (the side people won't see).
4. Next step is to pop your newly created cupcake toppers into your cupcakes and enjoy! Here are my first attempt!


I made carrot cake cupakes with vanilla icing (and no the icing did not go bad, I died it green). These turned out great, what are some of your favorite Easter desserts?

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

2 comments:

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

These are so cute :).

Miss Mel said...

Are you gonna make these for me?
The answer better be hell yes.
HOWEVER, I think you should cut out little pictures of Sass and use them as the cake toppers....just sayin'...haha!