Friday, March 2, 2012

DIY: Make Your Own Trail Mix!

This week I decided to make my own trail mix. Don't get me wrong store bought mix can be delicious but there's always that unwanted part. When making your own mix you get the final, and well the only, say in what you're eating. For my mix I put banana chips, chocolate chips, unsalted sunflower seeds, craisins, and almonds. I like my mixes to be somewhat sweet and always with a hint of chocolate. Some other good things to add would be peanut butter chips, peanuts, pineapple chips (seriously so delicious!), white chocolate chips, dried cherries... I mean I could go on and on.
Here's my awesome mix!
Honestly this is the best snack for a day when you're on the go whether it's a day full of errands or classes. It's also a much healthier alternative to a bag of chips. You know exactly what you're putting in your body since you're the one making it! What kind of foods do you guys like in your trail mix?

-Miss Mel and Miss Heather

No comments: